Staff Unmasked: Andrea Furtek, LNA
How long have you been an LNA?
- “5 years”
Why did you want to be an LNA?
- “I care about helping people. I always wanted to be an LNA, then when my son got sick, I decided it was time.”
Why did you choose the Morrison to work at?
- “It’s family oriented!”
- “It is a clean facility. It doesn’t ‘smell’ like a nursing home!”
- “Everyone truly cares about the residents!”
- “The staff and residents are a family and I wanted to be part of that family.”
If someone was thinking of coming to work at the Morrison, what would you tell them?
- “It’s a great place to work!”
- “Management is willing to help any way they can.”
- “Co-workers work together and are not ‘fake’!”
- “It’s not just a job!”
- “It’s a home environment, not clinical!”
If you could say one thing to a potential employee, what would you say?
- “If you love what you do and care about your residents, this is the place to be! I have been in a lot of nursing homes in NY, MA, and NH. There is not another place like the Morrison. It isn’t a “nursing home,” it’s a HOME!”