At the Dana Rehabilitation Wing, we provide a dedicated space where community residents can recover from strokes, heart attacks, hip and knee replacements, back injuries and other medical procedures that require a short-term or long-term stay in a rehabilitation facility.
We focus on restoring, maintaining and promoting the overall fitness and health of the individual through our Inpatient Rehabilitation services including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. Patients receive skilled nursing care with the goal of resuming their former lifestyles, improving quality of life, and achieving and maintaining independence. The private and shared bedrooms in the Dana Rehabilitation Wing all have private bathrooms.
We also provide outpatient physical and occupational therapy services with more than five days per week of service and have an outstanding reputation for providing the highest quality services available.
Our physical therapists employ a variety of state-of-the-art equipment to help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities:
- Short-Wave Diathermy uses electromagnetic energy to assist with pain and inflammation.
- The Omnicycle is an active assisted bike that works the arms and legs for patients who aren’t able to exercise due to lack of strength, coordination, paralysis or other conditions.
- The E-Volt Unit provides electric stimulation and can be used, for example, with stroke patients or to treat knee problems.
- The therapeutic ultrasound system is useful for treatment of edema, inflammation, pain and muscle spasms.
- All of the equipment is portable, allowing for in-room treatment, so that it can be taken where it is needed.
Our occupational therapists work with patients before they are discharged to ensure they are able to perform everyday tasks, such as making a sandwich or using the stove without assistance.
Residents who aren’t able to achieve the goal of returning home can be placed on the long-term care wait list, or if appropriate, at one of our Assisted Living communities. Beds are subject to availability.
Our speech therapists are specialists in diagnosing and treating speech and swallowing disorders. They evaluate patients and develop individualized treatment programs based on the input of staff and other medical professionals.
Out Patient Services
Occupational and physical therapy is available on an outpatient basis within the Dana Rehabilitation Wing for short-term recovery from injuries and other medical conditions.